My hard working hubby won a trip to beautiful Cancun Mexico. We were able to spend 5 days there in an all inclusive resort. It was heavenly! Doug and I have different views when it comes to relaxing we only sat on the beach for an hour the whole time we were there. We had lots of adventures everyday. Our friend told us about an amazing LDS tour guide and we went on 2 full day excursions with him and his wife.
The first trip was too the ruins of the cities Tulum and Koba. It was fascinating. And the spirit was so strong at the ruins as well. I wept many times as the tour guide took us through their sacred grounds and temples.
Here is a picture of the arena where they would play a game similar to soccer or basketball where you have to get a ball through a hoop. They would bounce the heavy ball off their hips, and the winner of the game would have their team captain sacrificed. Our guide talked about how the Lord has given us so much. And what does he ask of us? What can we sacrifice to become closer to him. This was my favorite part of the trip- having my testimony strengthened on our Savior and how I can become a better disciple.
We were able to hike this ruin and it was HARD! Made me with I was in better shape so I could have hiked it the whole way
\\We were able to hike this ruin and it was HARD and steep! Made me with I was in better shape so I could have hiked it the whole wayHere is our Awesome tour guide Eric. He has a masters degree in History, was a stake president, and a spiritual giant.
Here are the awesome ruins of Koba-it was amazing. A walled city right next to the ocean.
This is a lighthouse where they would use smoke to alert ships.
He also took us to see the real Mayan people who still live in Mexico today. We went to a tortilla factory and watched them grind the corn and we ate fresh tortilla's. So good. We also went to his friends house that lived in a few shacks. He showed us how he lived on the land and ate the fruit that the Lord provided for him and his family. He was raising a pig for his daughters quinceanera...it was very humbling. How much we have and take for granted.
Our next trip was to Chichenzita- it was really incredible. The structures of the city that they built are truly a masterpiece.

This is the arena
Where the royalty would watch
The first telescope
Here are some I phone pics....we would go to swim in these amazing Senote's. Undergournd pools of water they have been there for years. The Mayan people would build their cities around these so they could have water.
One of the nights we were there for the dinner put on by the company that sent us there. I'm so grateful for a get a way with my sweetie. And for my mom and Regiane for watching our babies.
Another day we went to this awesome extreme park where you would zip line crazy long distances into water, and go under ground into the caves with stalactites. I wish I had a case for my phone so that I could take pictures of the amazing crazy stuff that we did.
We drank virgin pina colada's the whole time....ahh...it was nice.















1 comment:
Oh so awesome! We have been to Tulum and Koba too. (Actually I just thought it was all part of Tulum but we definitely were right where you said by the ocean.) If only we'd had an LDS guide! It was weird when we went knowing what we knew and no one else. And also it was so gorgeous!!
Looks like a fabulous trip! Including the virgin pina coladas - my favorite - yum!!
Post a Comment