Monday, May 07, 2012

An Unforgettable Birthday



 Doug and I turned the big 31 this past week. And in TRUE Dougie style, we celebrated with a bang! We took the girls out of school and went to saquaro lake on our new boat....oh lala! Being quite the handy/salesman, Doug traded a boat for a new A/C unit. And let me tell you it was a blast!!! We swam in the lake, had a picnic, played on the shore, and enjoyed every minute of our time together. I cannot wait for the family adventures and memories that we will make on this thing.
My awesome sister watched the kids while we went to dinner and test drove a few cars(our van is slowly dying:(

I just finished reading Heaven is Here, By Stephanie Neilson which talks about her trials of overcoming being burned 80% of her body. She shares the gospel, promotes motherhood, and is an incredible writer. I am so grateful for my health, and all my many blessings. So on our bday and everyday since, I have looked at motherhood differently.

That morning Doug gave me the shock of a lifetime. 
He surprised me a week long vacation in Hawaii! OH MY GOODNESS!!! Tears were running down my face, and I was weepy all day! I truly don't know how I got so lucky. He planned the flights, hotels, booked the sitters, and gave me a few days to prepare. I am giddy with excitement. Hawaii has always been on the top of our list of places we want to go-and wow....dream come true. I know this will be a perfect"baby-moon" and chance to reconnect before the real craziness of the summer hits. Sigh...and Doug is not just sweet with gift giving- he shows me everyday his love. He asks me daily, "What can I do to help?"  Today I had to take my phone into the store...I did NOT want to take the boys, so I asked when would be a good time for him to watch them. I told him, "I'm sorry I am such a burden on your busy schedule" To which he replied- You are my schedule, you are my life. Since we were 16 he has treated me this way....I LOVE HIM. What a blessing he is to me.




 The girls have been taking a little dance class and had a recital this past weekend. They were so cute up there dancing and wiggling their hips. Such precious girls! Our cousin Abigail came along for the fun...:)




 Mascara girls:)








2 comments:

Heather said...

I think I love that sweet man. You are SO blessed to have such an attentive sweetheart. So happy for you! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! We need to get together soon.

Twins Squared said...

So, did you already go to Hawaii? I am so jealous! Always been in our top too but never made it. We always wanted to go for our tenth anniversary but when the time came we had 2 toddlers and 2 4 year olds. Unfortunately none of our parents or anyone else will keep our kids that long. But it's still on the list! Now I actually want to just go with the whole family so we'll wait a bit longer til they can all enjoy it!

Happy Birthday! (Don't we share a birthday too?) Your husband sounds like a great man!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family